Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Play!

This layout was done with Basic Grey paper, Cor'dinations cardstock, chipboard from DCWV, Martha Stewart glitter, silver Stickles and glass mosaic tiles I found in a clearance bin at the craft store. 
The pinwheels were done by adhering two pieces of Basic Grey paper back to back and folding them to create the pinwheel shape.  My challenge was to find an adhesive that would hold the shape together.  I tried a regular foam pop dot without success.  I ended up using Helamr quick dry and then a pop dot to glue the tile to the center.  I then took Helmar's liquid scrap dots to attach the pinwheels to the page.  The chipboard was originally pastel colored and I coated it with quick dry and added the Martha Stewart glitter to match the page for both the letters and the airplane. 

I highlighted the airplane with silver stickles and added more glass tiles for the planes' trail across the sky.  More detail was added with a white gel pen and more silver stickles. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment